Bloodthirsty Plant Book Series book sale

From: Terre Golembiewski (golembit@uwwvax.uww.edu)
Date: Tue Sep 19 2000 - 06:09:00 PDT

Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2000 08:09:00 -0500
From: Terre Golembiewski <golembit@uwwvax.uww.edu>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Bloodthirsty Plant Book Series book sale

I've recently been contacted by Gareth Stevens, the author of the
Bloodthirsty Plants Book series. At this point, he would like to make his
book series available to more persons interested specifically in
carnivorous plants. Each book is 24 pages long and covers a different
carnivorous plant group:

Bladderworts: Trapdoors to Oblivion
        ISBN 0-8368-1654-4
Butterworts: Greasy Cups of Death
        ISBN: 0-8368-1655-2
Pitcher Plants: Slippery Pits of No Escape
        ISBN: 0-8368-1657-9
Sundews: A Sweet and Sticky Death
        ISBN: 0-8368-1658-7
Venus Fly Traps and Waterwheels: Spring Traps
        of the Plant World ISBN 0-8368-1659-5
Carnivorous Mushrooms: Lassoing Their Prey?

These books have been available for $13.95 from the publisher. Mr. Stevens
would like to make them available for $6.00 per book plus postage, or all 6
for $30 plus postage. If interested, please contact Gareth Stevens
directly by email at nawal@ticon.net.

Those of you who attended the ICPS conference in San Francisco remember my
introducing you to this series during my talk entitled "A New Carnivorous
Plant Course for Young People". This book series forms the backbone of my
six week Young Scholars course for 7, 8 and 9 year olds. I have found them
to be an invaluable resource in my work with young people.