Re: Growing pygmies (and children)

From: John Green (john.green@ascensus.com)
Date: Tue Sep 19 2000 - 08:08:16 PDT

Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2000 09:08:16 -0600
From: John Green <john.green@ascensus.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Growing pygmies (and children)

Just wanted to say thank you to all who responded off the list-serve. I
think my plan is to use a long window-box pot I've used for Sarrs before,
but I won't fill it as deep with soil. I don't think I'll transplant all my
pygmies into it but just put the gemmae they produce in there (don't want to
put all my eggs in one basket!). Since it's a large pot it won't dry out as
fast, and if I leave the soil level down a few inches the local humidity
will be increased. Of course, that will probably increase fungal activity,
so I'll need to keep the Captan handy for a while. I may even add some
pings to it and see how they do. If anyone sees any obvious problems with
what I've said, please let me know.

And congratulations to Paul Temple and family. Kids are so much fun! Of
course, mine aren't teenagers yet... get back to me in 10 years and I may
have changed my mind!

John Green
Salt Lake City, Utah

"The most important thing a father can do for his children is to love their
mother." -- Rev. Theodore Hesburgh