Seed bank

From: Barry Meyers-Rice (bamrice@ucdavis.edu)
Date: Sat Sep 23 2000 - 11:00:54 PDT

Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2000 11:00:54 -0700 (PDT)
From: Barry Meyers-Rice <bamrice@ucdavis.edu>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Seed bank

Hey Sean, etc,

Yes, the ICPS has been continuing to restructure and improve its
performance, and most recently we have changed how we operate the seedbank
and also back issue fulfillment.

In the past, this was all done by Tom Johnson. I agree with you that we
all owe Tom a big thanks for his work on this. In particular, Tom was
doing this work without much help from anyone else, during times that the
ICPS had gotten quite frazzled and disorganized. He helped the seedbank
persevere when it might easily have died under someone else's stewardship.

Now the seedbank is being directed by John Brittnacher. John is working on
making the seedbank more "electronic" with updated information on the
seedbank listing on the ICPS home domain. Take a look at the new seedbank
listing---it's pretty cool.

Cheers

Barry

Dr. Barry A. Meyers-Rice