Davis Plant Sale: 2nd to last notice

From: Barry Meyers-Rice (bamrice@ucdavis.edu)
Date: Thu Sep 28 2000 - 16:34:35 PDT

Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2000 16:34:35 -0700 (PDT)
From: Barry Meyers-Rice <bamrice@ucdavis.edu>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Davis Plant Sale: 2nd to last notice

Hey folks,

The Davis plant sale approaches, Saturday, October 7. We've finished the
pricing for the Sarracenia, Utricularia, Aldrovanda, Drosera, and have
only the Nepenthes to do still. The prices are great, as usual, and we
expect to sell out our entire stock within the 6 alloted hours (8 a.m.
to 2 p.m.).

We will be selling the following:

Sarracenia flava
Sarracenia minor
Sarracenia psittacina
Sarracenia hybrids (purp x flava, purp x psitt, oreo x alata, rubra x
                    alata, minor x leuc)
Utricularia calycifida 'Cthulhu'
Utricularia calycifida 'Yog Sothoth'
Aldrovanda vesiculosa---Japan
Aldrovanda vesiculosa---South of Sydney
Aldrovanda vesiculosa---Northern Territories

(All the Aldrovanda plants will come with starter-buds of U. inflata,
which I've found is a good companion plant. Free of charge!)

Many types of Nepenthes, including:
N. maxima
N. reinwardtiana
N. tobaica
N. ventricosa
N. x alata
N. x coccinea
N. x mixta
N. x superba
etc etc etc

Many types of sundews will be sold, including
D. nidiformis
D. binata multifida extrema
D. filiformis 'California Sunset'
D. capensis x aliciae
D. spatulata
D. prolifera
D. adelae
D. capensis (various forms)

etc. etc.

The prices are not quite free, but pretty darn close. Proceeds support the
UCDavis Arboretum and Botanical Conservatory.

For views of last year's sale, look at:
http://www-plb.ucdavis.edu/greenhouse/pf/faire-2.htm
(check out the lines to get in---this is a BIG event that people
practically camp out at to get in early!)

To get to the sale, look at the web site:
http://arboretum.ucdavis.edu/get_there.html

HINTS:

1)The really cool, grossly underpriced stuff is usually sold within the
first 30-60 minutes. Show up early so you don't have to pick through pots
of D. capensis.

2)Beth Salvia, Matt Fujita, and I will be on hand with a final list of
what we have for sale. We can help those avaricious nuts who arrive early
and say "give me one of everything."

3)Introduce yourself to us. We'll be happy to say hey!

4)Enjoy yourself. I'm told there are lots of other plants for sale, but
they're not carnivores and so who really cares! Orchids, shmorchids!

Cheers

Barry

Dr. Barry Meyers-Rice
   bazza@sarracenia.com