Conferences tapes for Bonn and San Francisco

From: Barry Meyers-Rice (bamrice@ucdavis.edu)
Date: Mon Oct 02 2000 - 08:45:11 PDT

Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2000 08:45:11 -0700 (PDT)
From: Barry Meyers-Rice <bamrice@ucdavis.edu>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Conferences tapes for Bonn and San Francisco

Hey Folks,

Regarding Matt's email about the Bonn conference, I agree it is great.

Ivo Koudela sent copies of the tapes to me. He had written all over them
that they were not professionally made, and had other disclaimers etc.

Well, I understand that they were not professional tapes and the quality
was not great all the time, but I absolutely recommend you try to see
these videos if you can. Ivo did a marvelous job with them and I had a
blast seeing them. (I finally got a chance to see what a Paul Temple looks
and sounds like.) I don't think Ivo is selling these, but maybe you can
get him to make a copy for you anyway. Tempt him with lots of money!

As for the San Francisco conference, I understand that out there somewhere
someone has tapes of it. It was not officially taped by David Gray
(conference organizer extraordinaire), but as I gave my presentations I
did notice the baleful red diode from Siggi Hartmeyer looking at me the
entire time.

God help me if he ever distributes copies of the "Peter
D'Amato-style" talk I gave.

Barry

Dr. Barry A. Meyers-Rice
Carnivorous Plant Newsletter