Drosera intermedia * D. rotundifolia

From: Tassara (strega@split.it)
Date: Wed Oct 18 2000 - 08:15:25 PDT

Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2000 17:15:25 +0200
From: strega@split.it (Tassara)
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Drosera intermedia * D. rotundifolia

Hi everybody,

>When we cross D. rotundifolia (a diploid?) with D. intermedia (diploid
>too?) we do get an infertile hybrid, as chromosomes in the diploid
>offspring cannot find clear homologues to pair with.

I know that the hybrid between D. intermedia and D. rotundifolia exists and
that somebody grows it.
I read also somebody found (/collected ?) it somewhere in the wild.
On the other hand, somebody in France wrote he wasn't able to find it
despite his researches where the two species grow together.

This summer I could visit two large bogs in northern Italy where D.
intermedia and D. rotundifolia grow side by side; I spent many hours looking
for hybrid specimens, but I couldn't find any.

Did anybody ever see D. * beleziana (intermedia*rotundifolia) in the wild?

Kindest regards

Filippo Tassara
Genoa, Italy