Re: The Martha Show

From: CALIFCARN@aol.com
Date: Wed Oct 18 2000 - 15:35:30 PDT

Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2000 18:35:30 EDT
From: CALIFCARN@aol.com
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: The Martha Show

Hey kids, Peter here at California Carnivores:
     Things here are starting to calm down after the Martha Stewart Living
episode; we have received literally hundreds of emails and phone calls. I
must say it was quite exciting to do the program with her. They will be
repeating at least one of the two segments this weekend. To see if your area
carries the weekend reruns check out her website at marthastewart.com. For
those overseas who may not be familiar with her, Martha Stewart is an
omnibusiness: she has a very popular magazine, a daily radio segment, an hour
long daily television show, a show on the Food Network, a daily newspaper
column, and she practically runs K-Mart, an enormous retail chain, plus her
own website which takes hours to get through.
     My only regret was that a discussion of conservation, which Martha was
very concerned with, was edited out of the piece. However, you must realize
that we filmed nearly two hours non stop and it was all edited down to the
two seven minute segments. As an introduction to carnivorous plants, I was
very pleased with what aired; she has a wonderful staff and crew who
certainly know what they are doing. Martha has asked that I appear as a
regular guest of the show, which I guess means appearing once or twice a
year. We will see how that goes, since we had to finance the trip for Marilee
and myself ourselves and it was very expensive.
   Thank you to the dozens of society members who emailed or called
privately. And for Mr. Green in Utah: yes, I think Sarracenia x 'Judith
Hindle' is much more stunning in person than as she appeared in The Savage
Garden! Martha demanded that specimen for her greenhouse, an offer we could
not refuse.
   Th-th-th-that's all folks!