Re: Greenhouses

From: Joe Cumbee (jcumbee@alltel.net)
Date: Mon Oct 23 2000 - 18:09:26 PDT

Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2000 21:09:26 -0400
From: Joe Cumbee <jcumbee@alltel.net>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Greenhouses

Ron It's not that hard, but it does help to have friends that know
something about carpentry. It takes four 4X4's treated post per end and
you need to frame in the shutters, doors and fans. I live in south
Georgia so I use only 1 layer of plastic film, my heating bill is about
$110 a winter. I do not use a cooling system except a few foggers that
come on intermittently. I do not run the house in the summer, I just
take my plants out and hang them around in my yard. The Green house
comes with enough plastic film to be double layered. I have had my
house over six years and am in mid cycle of my second covering, so each
layer last for 3 or 4 years. Joe Cumbee