Re: N. vieillardii

From: Dave Evans (dpevans@rci.rutgers.edu)
Date: Fri Oct 27 2000 - 18:22:16 PDT

Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2000 21:22:16 -0400
From: "Dave Evans" <dpevans@rci.rutgers.edu>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: N. vieillardii

Dear Charles,

    I believe, if you have some red clay in your local soils, you probably
have laterlite too. Experts will correct me if I'm wrong on this.

    I have heard that some Nepenthes like to grow in normal potting soil,
like Promix. The species in question was N. albomarginata. Maybe we are
trying to grow these plants in soil that is too devoid of nutrients...
Perhaps trying a standard Nepenthes mix and then mixing in the same volume
of normal potting soil will do the trick. I'm going to try this on N.
northiana, next time I repot it.

Dave Evans