CP in Micronesia?

From: jan.schlauer@uni-tuebingen.de
Date: Tue Nov 14 2000 - 02:01:49 PST

Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2000 10:01:49 +0000
From: jan.schlauer@uni-tuebingen.de
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: CP in Micronesia?

Dear Rick,

> My wife and I are going to Yap in the spring. The "Micronesia
> Handbook" by Moon travel mentions CP in the area.
> Any idea what these might be?

See my last message to this list (Date sent: Fri, 10 Nov 2000
15:06:19) .

Sorry, only 4 widespread _Utricularia_ species (_U. bifida, caerulea,
gibba, uliginosa_) are native in Micronesia (LFR:.* 113). Even worse,
none of these has AFAIK been recorded from the Federated States of
Micronesia (L:.* FM), to which Yap belongs.

So the interesting stuff is yet to be discovered. But this also
applies (in some cases with better chances to find something!) to
many other places on earth (and possibly elsewhere).

If it is for cps and not for the sun, beach and ocean (or weird
stones), rather visit Germany (even we have more cp diversity than
the "Paradise in the Pacific") or even stay at home (there may be
lots of things to see and discover, and it is much cheaper!).

Kind regards
Jan