Re: Nepenthes Flowering...again

From: MCATALANI@aol.com
Date: Thu Nov 16 2000 - 08:48:27 PST

Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2000 11:48:27 EST
From: MCATALANI@aol.com
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Nepenthes Flowering...again

About a month ago I wrote about a N. maxima x N. spathulata that is flowering
while still producing lower pitchers. The plant was produced from seed. Well,
the plant produced two leaves after the flower stalk, and is producing yet
another flower stalk. The first flower was male, and I used the pollen on a
N. maxima female flower. (I wanted to see if the pollen was sterile or not,
being that the plant is so young.) I'll put a picture of the plant on my
website tihs weekend, and I'll let you all know if anything else happens that
seems odd, such as the new flowers switching to female.
Michael Catalani