Preserving endangered bogs - a realistic solution

From: Steve Klitzing (starbirdcom@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Nov 22 2000 - 09:52:31 PST

Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2000 09:52:31 -0800
From: "Steve Klitzing" <starbirdcom@hotmail.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Preserving endangered bogs - a realistic solution

As long as we are preserving plants, let's breed a bunch of Grizzly and
Kodiak bears and set them loose in the Southern United States, near
areas with increased development, people there would get very upset and
move away when their backyard barbecues and fast food restaurants are
raided by these creatures. With modern cloning techniques, we could
quickly breed tens of thousands of these ravenous animals all taken from
the most dangerous and nasty wild individuals. And, we might be able to
do the same with Woolly Mammoths. Imagine, every southern development
under attack by hungry bears and hairy roaring elephants. Now, the
locals might be able to shoot the bears. But the Mammoths, being
already extinct, would be a permanent protected species, immune from
hunting. The entire economy of the south would be disrupted...which may
force the people there to vote Democratic in the next Presidential
election. And, we could set out traps and capture Skunk Ape, Bigfoot,
and Sasquatch, quickly cloning them and releasing millions of these
creatures in the woods and swamps of the southern United States. Nobody
would be able to sleep soundly, and they would live in constant fear of
having their pets eaten and their women stolen. This would cause a mass
exodus from the south, putting a permanent halt to all development and
destruction of CP bogs.