Re: CP group in North Carolina

From: Dave Evans (dpevans@rci.rutgers.edu)
Date: Mon Nov 27 2000 - 19:21:16 PST

Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2000 22:21:16 -0500
From: "Dave Evans" <dpevans@rci.rutgers.edu>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: CP group in North Carolina

Dear Steve,

> I didn't receive a response with my first inquiry so here goes again.
>
> Can any one tell me if there are any active CP groups or clubs in North
Carolina and how to contact them?
> My nephew is looking for one to join.

    Sorry, but I'm not sure there is a CP group in North Carolina. Rather
there are several regional, loose knit groups which are officially or
unofficially associated with ICPS. Virginia isn't that far from NC, perhaps
your nephew would like to learn more about Phil Sheridan's Meadow View
project? URL: http://www.pitcherplant.org/

    The best group to join, at least in the USA, is the ICPS. Since you get
access to the seed bank as well as subscription to the CPN, Journal of the
ICPS, you can't go wrong with this group. URL: www.carnivorousplants.org
    Just about everyone who is part of one of the smaller, regional groups
are already members of ICPS. In fact, besides for the Bay Area CP group,
all the other groups came about as a result of people meeting through ICPS
or the CP list server and deciding they wanted a more local focus.

Dave Evans