Re: N. stenophylla sprouting?

From: Chris Teichreb (cteichreb@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Nov 28 2000 - 08:11:28 PST

Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 08:11:28 -0800
From: "Chris Teichreb" <cteichreb@hotmail.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: N. stenophylla sprouting?

Hi Steve,

   You Nep seed should start to show signs of germination now. It
generally takes anywhere from a few weeks to a few months. I
generally plant some weedy cp in with my nep seed, just so I don't
get frustrated and throw the pot out after a month ;-)!

>taking it's time. Only D. Capensis has sprouted. D. Rotundifolia is not
>doing anything yet. And the Darlintonia is not doing anything, either.
>So,

   Did you stratify the rotundifolia and Darlingtonia seed? If not,
you'll be lucky if you get much germination at all. Both of these
cp's need several weeks (or months) of cold, damp conditions before
they'll germinate in appreciable numbers.

Good luck!

Chris

--
Chris Teichreb