Re: Nepenthes Wilt

From: FOODBAG@aol.com
Date: Fri Dec 01 2000 - 09:25:58 PST

Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2000 12:25:58 EST
From: FOODBAG@aol.com
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Nepenthes Wilt

  I will second what Michael said about drying out. I have never put my
  finger on it like that before, but if you use a peat/sand or sphagnum
  mix and forget to water until it gets dry and the plants are a little
  "wilty", the soil never seems to get back to that original state, when
  you potted it up. On some where I was unfortunate to do this, the
  water brims up to the rim of the pot, before it starts to slowly sink
  into the soil. Maybe I will be the next person to win 130 million
  dollars so I can have automatic watering(oh and huge greenhouses,
  too.) :) Regards,

  Joe Griffin
  Lincoln, Nebraska USA