Re: Mapplethorpe CP Photo

From: Davidogray@aol.com
Date: Sat Dec 09 2000 - 08:53:54 PST

Date: Sat, 9 Dec 2000 11:53:54 EST
From: Davidogray@aol.com
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Mapplethorpe CP Photo

Hi All,
I found the Mapplethorpe photo years ago too, and bought a stack of the
cards. The photo, which is ( mistakenly ) titled Jack-in-the-Pulpit ( common
name for Arisaema triphylla ) is actually of two Sarracenia alata pitchers,
and is available this year ( for 2001 ) on a small Mapplethorpe calendar (
$7.95 in the U.S. - ISBN 3-8238-4168-8 ). I hasten to remind everybody that
commercial, OR public use of a photographer's copywrited image is illegal;
this image is still covered by copywrite. Why not buy the calendar?, all the
proceeds go the Estate of Robert Mapplethorpe Foundation, which supports
AIDS-related charities.
Cheers,
David O. Gray
San Francisco, where its cloudy and 58 deg. F. ( 14 C. )