Re: Sarracenia Germination

From: FOODBAG@aol.com
Date: Sun Dec 10 2000 - 20:03:19 PST

Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2000 23:03:19 EST
From: FOODBAG@aol.com
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Sarracenia Germination

  Michael,

  This is what has worked for me, and seems to be standard procedure:

  Sow the seeds on your medium(I prefer milled sphagnum) and dust or spary
with fungicide. Put the pots, covered in the fridge(or garage if you can keep
them from freezing) to stratify. I cover my pots with saran wrap to protect
them. The time to leave them in the fridge seems to vary from account to
account, but eight to twelve weeks should be good. Then you can introduce
them to light. You could try artificial lights until it's warmer weather, if
you plan on putting them outside.
  I hope this helps.

  Regards,

  Joe Griffin
  Lincoln, NE USA

In a message dated 12/10/2000 9:47:27 PM Central Standard Time,