Re: Sarracenia seed stratification

From: Doug Burdic (dburdic@harborside.com)
Date: Wed Dec 13 2000 - 09:57:13 PST

Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2000 09:57:13 -0800
From: "Doug Burdic" <dburdic@harborside.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Sarracenia seed stratification

Hi All,

What works for me regarding stratification of Sarracenia
& any CP seed for that matter: Wait until the seed pod
is dry; crumple it up, toss in a pill/vitamin bottle & stick
it the refrigerator for 6 to 12 weeks, making sure the
containers are air-tight, which can be accomplished
by putting them in a ziplock bag. After this, I just toss the
seed on the surface of a pot full of wet peat moss or
peat:perlite in a 2:1 mix, barely cover with a layer of damp
peat moss, set the pot in a tray of water and wait. (Season to taste..serves
one) This has always worked for me at
least, with excellent germination results.

Happy Holidays,

Doug

Doug Burdic
dburdic@harborside.com