Humidity and cps: a beginners question :)

From: Susan Ziegler (s-ziegler@gmx.net)
Date: Sat Dec 16 2000 - 18:31:55 PST

Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2000 20:31:55 -0600
From: Susan Ziegler <s-ziegler@gmx.net>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Humidity and cps: a beginners question :)

Hi.. I have tried cps quite a few times, but have always gotten discouraged
when they wilted and died. I have recently set up a terrarium (old 15
gallon tank that leaks anyways) to have humidity. I'm not sure how to
measure the light, which is two bulbs on top of the tank, resting on
plexiglas as the lid (to keep it humid.) There are also two jars of water
in there. I would like to try a cp in here, but I am not sure what to
get. Someone a couple years ago sent me a cephalotus (pitcher plant type
with red stripes that stayed low to the ground, bout an inch pitchers..
probably a baby), which of course died along with all the other cps :( I'd
like to find one like that again, and put it in this terrarium. Any
suggestions? Places where I can get them? Other plants that might work? :)

Thanks :)