Nepenthes from Thailand

From: Michael Feddersen (bd670@scn.org)
Date: Tue Dec 19 2000 - 18:55:02 PST

Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2000 18:55:02 -0800 (PST)
From: Michael Feddersen <bd670@scn.org>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Nepenthes from Thailand

Hi,
Back from a trip to Thailand. Had a great time. Made a visit to the Royal
Herbarium in Bangkok to check on a sample from Trat province near Ban
Sapin Hin. Turns out that most of the Thai samples had gone to Kew or
were there at present being reviewed by Cheek as indicated from several
name amendments by him. Luckly I had photographed the samples I was there
this time to investigate.
My travels took me to a high mountain plateau called Phu Kadung. There on
top I found N. anamensis and N. smilesii. N. anamensis I have seen and
grown before but N. smilesii as the correct name indicated by Cheek was
something new. Traps alot larger,easily 12" long. Considerable shape
differences from lower to upper traps.
Other Cp on the top included D.burmannii and a couple of utrics. One I
had Id'd as U. bifida the other had a purple lavender flower.
I'll work on getting jpg's on my photo album on photopoint.com.
Truly,
Tom Kahl/Nepenthes Club