Re: OFE International and AVOID FEDEX GROUND!

From: R B (eklaab@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Dec 20 2000 - 09:59:54 PST

Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2000 09:59:54 -0800
From: "R B" <eklaab@hotmail.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: OFE International and AVOID FEDEX GROUND!

>Ive dealt with OFE several times. Generally, I find them very helpful.
It's too bad they stopped selling NZ sphagnum this year. There was one
occasion where I think they might have sent me Chilean sphagnum instead of
New Zealand but, although I am sure I was perfectly clear that I wanted NZ,
maybe there was a valid reason for the mix up.

I'm sorry to hear you've recently have had problems with OFE as well.

>Regardless, I have a feeling your problem might have been with FedEx
>ground.

I have talked to OFE five times already on this, and they have yet to
contact FedEx. They also said they would reverse the credit charges
immediately, a point I have brought up each time I've talked to them, and
two weeks have now passed. I checked with my credit card company yesterday,
and the charges still have not been reversed.

OFE has clearly dropped the ball on this. They've admitted their error in
sending the duplicate order, but have not apologized in any way or form.

>DO NOT DEAL WITH FEDEX GROUND!!!!

>They are not the same as the original FedEx - they are what used to >be
>known as RPS (Roadway Postal Service) and, at least in my neck of the
>woods, they
>are an incompetant bunch of boobs who will surely delay, damage and
>possibly
>loose your precious package.

Incidently, OFE did ship both packages to me using RPS, and they
arrived with no problems. However, the problems I'm experiencing are with
OFE, not RPS.

Ron