Grasshoppers!

From: Miguel de Salas (mm_de@postoffice.utas.edu.au)
Date: Thu Dec 21 2000 - 15:30:43 PST

Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2000 10:30:43 +1100
From: Miguel de Salas <mm_de@postoffice.utas.edu.au>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Grasshoppers!

We have a plague of grasshoppers here in Tasmania at the moment, so much so
that a few dozen jump in front of your feet every time you take a step. In
the last couple of weeks they have started eating most of my CPs and
orchids!!! :(

I have a bog full of Sarrs covered in holes, and some of my soft tender
orchids have only leaf veins left...

I can't spray, as more just move in from the garden overnight... Needless
to say there is no room in the house for my collection. Has anyone ever had
this problem before?

Miguel de Salas
mailto:mm_de@postoffice.utas.edu.au

 School of Plant Science,