Re:shelves and lights, etc

From: tierney wayne (hybrid_t@hotmail.com)
Date: Sat Dec 23 2000 - 18:08:59 PST

Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2000 18:08:59
From: "tierney wayne" <hybrid_t@hotmail.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re:shelves and lights, etc

Hi Chris,

> Third, use equally sized and coloured pots, saucers, etc. Nothing
>looks worse indoors than a mix of pot sizes and colours. My wife is
>actually able to distinguish between more than three colours (I
>was amazed at her ability to do this ;-)!)

Sorry, but I couldn't disagree more! I have plant shelves with floursecent
lighting set inside two bay windows in my home. I built them from pine and
used some trim to mostly hide the lights, and they look great. They are
packed with CPs and orchids in all types of pots... the trick is to use nice
looking pots though. Almost all of mine are glazed ceramic, with a few terra
cotta and glass thrown in. I love the effect. Someday soon I will put a few
pics on my web site...

Just my two cents,
Tierney

PS the best way to compromise is if your s.o. collects something too. When
my boyfriend complains about my CP over-running the house and yard, I ask
him to deal with the huge pile of spare computer parts in the office, and he
shuts up.