D.communis

From: Sundew Sundew (sundew@hotmail.com)
Date: Sun Dec 24 2000 - 07:46:15 PST

Date: Sun, 24 Dec 2000 10:46:15 -0500
From: "Sundew Sundew" <sundew@hotmail.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: D.communis

To whoever got communis from Peter Cole, you should know that plants
labelled communis have often turned out to be spatulata and other weeds in
previous years. Im not sure if this is the case with the plants you got but
if you have any doubt, it's probably NOT communis. Now that thats been
said....

I also grow the Jacaraci form and it is definitely the easiest of the
communis to grow. I've got 3 pots packed with at least 30 plants and only 1
has had problems - its growth point stopped growing and each leaf on the
plant budded a new plant :) I'll probably put a few in warm conditions
and see if they grow as well.

I also grow communis from a few other locations (which dont seem to like
high temps), sp flat red communis, and sp pygmy communis. I have been
looking to acquire sp. communis green giant but have not had any luck yet.

Oh, did I mention that I have some for trade if anyone's interested? I'm
looking for Drosera of equal rarity.

Thanks,
Matt