Re: Indoor terrariums or wife

From: R B (eklaab@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Dec 25 2000 - 21:56:56 PST

Date: Mon, 25 Dec 2000 21:56:56 -0800
From: "R B" <eklaab@hotmail.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Indoor terrariums or wife

My girlfriend has been very supportive of my CP habits. I have plants
growing in a terrarium in the family, on the outside porch, on various
windowsills, and in the shelving unit in the garage. She is somewhat
responsible for getting me started into CP's. I had a 20-gallon tank that
had sat in the family room unused for a year after the passing of a fish
that I had for 10 years. She insisted I do something with the tank. When I
saw a picture of the tank setup in 'Savage Garden', and I knew then what to
do, and that got me started. She is even tolerant of having a greenhouse.

When my plants started to flourish, she kept insisting that I take
photographs of the plants, something I've been meaning to do but kept
putting off. Photography is one of my other hobbies, and I am parcticulary
good at macrophotography.

Anyway, as a Christman present, my girlfriend setup a website for me, which
highlighted my various hobbies including CP's. It included several photos
of my setups and my plants using her digital camera.
I was quite surprised and touched by the effort and forthought she
spent putting it together.

So, I guess I feel very lucky to have a partner willing to share and support
my interests, however bizarre they may be.

Ron