Growing Drosera sewelliae

From: Adao Pereira (miguelporto@mail.telepac.pt)
Date: Sat Dec 30 2000 - 15:36:29 PST

Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2000 23:36:29 -0000
From: "Adao Pereira" <miguelporto@mail.telepac.pt>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Growing Drosera sewelliae

Hello!

After growing this species for some months, I see that I'm not doing it
right. The plants started to grow in Autumn as expected, but the traps are
not functional, the rosettes consist only of petioles.
I'm growing them outdoors (the temps are good, around 15degC) with a tray of
water under the pots. The growing medium is peat, and it is very wet. Is
this wrong? Do they prefer drier conditions?
What about their dormancy... this year I didn't provide them the right
conditions - half of them died during dormancy. Those that didn't die were
those that I kept a bit humid... the others that I kept dry died.

Please help me growing this species! I really want to succeed with it!
Thanks! And a happy new year to all of you!
Miguel