Re: Genlisea

Barry Meyers-Rice (barry@as.arizona.edu)
Tue, 5 Nov 91 17:41:45 MST

>Subject: D. collinseae question.
> In a nutshell, does it go dormant? Mine is died back, I
> think it's still alive, but I'm wondering if it's normal
> or if this is life threatening.

No, at least not in the sense of regressing to a hibernaculum. Mine do
slow down substantially after producing seed each year. As the leaves
die back the plant gets smaller. With any luck enough will remain so it
will come back to life next year. If you still can, take a leaf cutting
as insurance (it's very good on leaf cuttings), since seed is much
slower.

Anyone ever grow D. cistiflora to an appreciable size? Mine is about a
year old and still less than 1cm across. It is a red flowered clone and
I wanna see it flower!

BAMR