Ring Flash, another way to kill your plants :-)

MIH@nmpou.nmp.nokia.com
Thu, 21 Jan 1993 5:19:29 GMT

Rick wrote:
>I've been toying with the idea of buying a "ring" flash for taking plant
>photos. This is a circular flash unit that mounts like a filter on the
>end of your lens. The high intensity light permits a really high f-stop
>(like 32 or 64) and the ring setup ensures an even illumination.

Using a ring flash of a friend I killed some ten plants of mine. However,
I still have got some nice pictures. :-)

When I took the pictures, the flash was too close (25-30cm) and the plants
burned away afterwards. I never used this powerful flash again. Instead
I use the macro setting of my tele, a high f-stop (32), a stativ, a
remote switch and a video light (2000W) in a safe distance.

Michael