CP

Don Burden (donb@coplex.coplex.com)
Tue, 23 Nov 93 19:33 EST

Julie Watson writes:
> I don't grow carnivorous plants but I became
> interested in them while living in Borneo where I spent a lot of my free time
> photographing Nepenthes spp. as well as other plants.

Wow! You might be the first person in this newsgroup to have seen Nepenthes
growing naturally in the wild!
Do you still have contacts in Borneo that might send Nepenthes seeds to the
seed bank of the International Carnivorous Plant Society?

Seed Bank:
I received the lone pack of _P. sp. (Pachuca)_ that was offered. Is Pachuca
some town in Mexico?

I also got another pack of strangly labelled seeds, originally said to be
from Allen Lowrie. The name is _D. sessilifolia_. Thomas relates that
Allen says the seeds are definitely mis-labelled and no one knows what they
are.

Here's some interesting current offerings from the seed bank list:
Proboscidea louisianica :-)
N. khasiana x alata, P x sethos (selfing), P. grandiflora (only 2 packs left),
Two Genlisia! G. repens and G. pygmaea (3 and 2 packs left, respectively).
He still has a bunch of D. neesii ssp. neesii and D. neesii ssp. borealis,
and three types of D. indica - red plant/pink flower, red plant/orange flower,
and green plant/pink flower.
There's D. microscapa (1 pack left), D. lasiantha, D. puchella (orange flower),
and D. peltata (green rosette from Molcoa, NSW).

--
Don Burden
New Albany, Indiana, USA