Re: question

Rupert Wilson (sbswilsn@reading.ac.uk)
Tue, 11 Jan 1994 08:42:02 +0000 (GMT)

On Mon, 10 Jan 1994, Michael wrote:

> Thanks for the info! But in my case, my PC is running off DOS, not UNIX.
> I suppose the mainframe I log into to get mail may be using UNIX. If
> so, I should UUDECODE in that environment before downloading to my PC?
> Or is a UUENCODed file self-extracting with the UUDECODE command?
>
> Michael

Again OK, there are ports of the Unix UUDECODE/UUENCODE program for DOS.
Check out the following FTP site (or mirror);

huh.harvard.edu
login: FTP or ANONYMOUS
password: your e-mail address

CD (move to directory) pub/software/miscellaneous

GET (the two files) uudecode.exe and uuencode.exe

don't forget to SET TYPE BINARY before transferring

download these to your PC and bingo!

[You Can GOPHER to huh.harvard.edu if you fancy that too! and its much
easier]

If you don't want to UUENCODE/UUDECODE on your DOS PC then your mainframe
should be able to do this before/after you get the files. No the UUENCODEd
file is not self extracting.

Hope this helps,

Rupert

ANYBODY OUT THERE GOT ANY JUICY CP Gifs?