Re: Sep order

Andreas Wistuba (A.Wistuba@DKFZ-Heidelberg.DE)
Fri, 25 Mar 1994 16:43:27 GMT+1

Dear Kirk,
you wrote:
> Andreas, I was curious. The nepenthes you've grown from tissue
> culture, are they from various clones or is everyone pretty much
> assured of ending up with the same sex Neps when fully grown. Was
> wondering when you propagate whether you identify sex when taking
> tissue.

As far as the cultures are started by myself they originate from a batch
of seeds which was sown in vitro. So these are not just one clone.
However I must admit that I do not keep clones separated, simply for
reasons of time and space. In a few cases where I already received a
tissue culture all plants are of cause of one clone. I do not know of
any way to identify the sex of a plant.

Does anybody know anything about a method?

Andreas