Re: Nepenthes leaves

Phil Soderman (sgrower1@coyote.rain.org)
Tue, 5 Apr 1994 21:55:50 -0700 (PDT)

It's not your imagination can't you hear the screaming and the cries of
agony. Sometimes the cuts aren't clean through and you have to pull the
piece to break the uncut vascular fibers. Sometimes this tears doun into
the tissue disrupting other parts of the stem. These cuts allow bacteria
and fungi to enter and do whatever they what to with your plant. Some of
the cries are of terror as the plant thinks about rotting away. And some
are of lonlyness for so long a time spent without a significant other.
Just be thankful that they can't talk. Sometimes pruning does set plants
back, the leaf tissues contain stored foods that plants might use to
produce new growth. If you prune too much you can harm the growth of a
plant. Without pruning you may have ugly plants. Good growing and pruning
Phil Soderman sgrower1@rain.org