Re: Sarracenia nectar

Bob Beer (bbeer@u.washington.edu)
Wed, 25 May 1994 17:08:12 -0700 (PDT)

The problem is that it is too hot and humid. Do you have to grow them in
a greenhouse? It seems your summers in Ireland should be okay for
Sarracenia and they would catch more prey outside too. I have never seen
the sooty mildew on plants grown outside. If you don't have any place
other than outside to grow them, you might try more ventilation in your
greenhouse, if you can afford it (if you don't have other plants that
need a really high humidity).

Bob