Re: FU-Berlin CP Collection

Ross Koning (Koning@ecsuc.ctstateu.edu)
Wed, 15 Jun 1994 09:19:20 -0500

I would add that the BBG has a wonderful collection of the strange
plant, Welwitschia, and more that you may be permitted to see in
some smaller side houses. When visiting, it is always good to ask
about "other" collections not on display and whether a staff member
can show them to you. ross

At 7:40 PM 6/14/94 -0700, R Britt wrote:
>I had the chance this past week to visit the marvelous Botanical Garden
>at the Free University in Berlin. It is very impressive. The greenhouse
>construction is also magnificent. There was one very nice tropical
>water garden room with tropical water lilies, lotuses, and beautiful
>Victoria lilies. THe pond was ringing with a larger collection of
>Nepenthes (nothing too exotic). Another greenhouse had nice collections
>of CP's growing in sphagnum bogs with a nice natural look. I highly
>recommend a visit to those who find themselves in the area.
>-Dave B

Ross Koning Internet: Koning@ecsuc.ctstateu.edu
Biology Department Phone: (203)-465-5327
Eastern CT State University Fax: (203)-465-5213
Willimantic, CT 06226 USA