Re: Introduction and VFT advice: RE: seeds

Carl Strohmenger (cstrohme@com1.med.usf.edu)
Tue, 21 Jun 1994 11:03:40 -0400 (EDT)

my VFT's bloomed earlier this year, in march & april, and some had
several flower stalks. Most of them set seeds without my having to do the
fertilization process. The seed capsule takes a couple of weeks to ripen,
and then opens with the seeds arrayed in close packed concentric circles
in an arrangement similar to some sunflowers. The seeds are fairly small,
perhaps .025 inches diameter, slightly oblong, and shiny black. I
harvested several hundred seeds and have stored them in a paper envelope
in the refrigerator. I haven't tried to germinate them yet.