Re: P.Moranensis and P.Vulgaris

Michael Hasemann (jmh@tko.vtt.fi)
Thu, 7 Jul 1994 17:23:40 +0300 (EET DST)

> In one message Michael wrote:
>
> >>Especially pinguicula. I have not had any reasonable success with peat/sand
> >>mixtures. Try to get vermiculite. Mine grow very well in pure vermiculite.
>
> I have try from 3 weeks, to grow my P. Moranensis and P. Vulgaris
> in pure vermiculite, at the moment these grow well.
> I fertilize these whith (19/19/19-NPK ferlilizer for orchids ) in reduce
> strange, i sprinkle the solution (water+fertilizer) over leaves
> one time a week.
>
> Do you think it's good for this type of Ping ?

Never tried to fertilize Pings before. Would be interesting to hear
about the results.

I am right now trying to fertilize venus fly traps (dionaea) by feeding
with cooked egg (the white stuff of it) and first feeling that it drama-
tically improves growth rate, although it is still to early say finally.

Regards,

Michael

--
  Michael Hasemann | Technical Research Centre of Finland - Automation
  jmh@tko.vtt.fi   | Fax: +358 81 5512320 Tel: +358 81 5512239