Re: How to import into Canada?

Pekka Ala-Siuru (pal@tko.vtt.fi)
Tue, 13 Sep 1994 09:31:18 +0300 (EET DST)

On Mon, 12 Sep 1994 GWONG@raychem.com wrote:

> I have been taking care of some CP and miscellaneous house plants for
> a friend who recently moved from San Francisco to Toronto. Next time
> I visit, I would like to take her the plants, preferably as part of my
> baggage on the airplane. Could someone advise me as to what
> regulations, restrictions, and procedures I need to follow in order to
> take plants (potted OK?) into Canada from the United States? Thanks.

How I did it. Couple of months ago I came from California to Montreal with
some CP's bought from California Carnivores. I signed up for the customs that
I have plants and soil with me, and am not going to visit any farms or so
there. Customs official looked that paper and that was that.

I had the phytosanitary (or what they are?) papers from Calif. Carnivores
naturally with me.

..Pekka
Pekka Ala-Siuru
Senior Analyst, Embedded Knowledge-Based Systems
VTT Electronics, P.O.Box 1100, FIN-90571, Oulu,Finland
Tel. +358 81 551 2461, Telefax +358 81 551 2320