Re: Darlingtonia Feader Nursery

Phil Soderman (sgrower1@rain.org)
Sat, 22 Oct 1994 19:41:10 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Tim, Feaders is a broker type of nursery specalizing in plastic bag -
Bubble pack type of plant display, usually sold to mass merchants. They
sell orchids, Anthuriums, Bromeliads, Other Tropicals and a few species
of CPs. They have been marketing this way for maybe 25 years. I
visited the Pacific Horticulture Trade Show in San Diego, Calif. last
week and saw their booth. VFT, Darlingtonia and I think I saw some
Drosera sp. I do not know the source of the large Darlingtonia but they
have been selling plants of Darlingtonia for more than 10 years that all
look like they came from the same stock. Either they have a field that
they harvest or they have a nursery with a bog somewhere.Their address
is: Feader Nurseries Inc. P.O. Box 922707 Sylmar, Ca 91392 (818)
367-0177, fax (818) 367-7881