Election

wl-ksnive-nl@society.com
Mon, 28 Nov 94 10:55:11 EST

Hi my name is Kevin Snively and I'm one of the candidates for
secretary-treasurer. Steve's origional message was posted on

>Date: Thu, 19 May 1994 19:01:04 -0700
>From: SteveB4706@aol.com
>Subject: ICPS NEEDS YOU

>SPECIAL NOTICE

Believe it or not my response was the first posted to the net

>Date: Fri, 10 Jun 1994 07:09:12 -0700
>From: Kevin Snively <ksnive@hebron.connected.com>

>I would have wrote back sooner on this but I'm still
>having mail trouble.

>>Date: Thu, 19 May 1994 19:01:04 -0700
>>From: SteveB4706@aol.com
>>
>>secretary-treasurer. We think the best method of getting nominees
>>for these officers is through the local CP chapters that have
>>sprung up in recent years around the United States. Later
>>we will include other countries but for now, because of time
>>constraints, it is more expedient to focus on members from this
>>country.
>>
>> We are asking each CP chapter in this country to submit one
>>candidate name for each of the above offices. We estimate that
>>we would obtain 4-6 nominees for each office. A ballot with these
>>names will be with the December issue of CPN. Members will vote
>>for a candidate from each office and mail the ballot to Editor
>>Steve Baker who will tabulate the results.
/\/\/\/\/\/\
PLEASE NOTE Steve WAS SCHEDULED THEN TO COUNT THE VOTES.
SEE ABOVE

> I guess I have a problem with this notice and am
>facinated that no other comments have come up on the listserv
>about it yet. maybe no one noticed or maybe no one cares but
>what happened to the INTERNATIONAL in International Carnivorous
>about it yet. maybe no one noticed or maybe no one cares but
>what happened to the INTERNATIONAL in International Carnivorous
>Plant Society. Is the United States now dictating to the world.
>
> On this listserv we now have subscribers from all over the
>world with well established local groups who have just as much time
>to prepare to particapate in the democratic process as we do.
>With he speed that information travels today there is NO LEGITIMATE
>REASON TO EXCLUDE ANY CLUB, GROUP, NATIONALITY, ect... that wishes
>to submit a nomination.

and this was the only response I got ON TOPIC

>Date: Fri, 10 Jun 1994 08:53:42 -0700
>From: Barry Meyers-Rice <barry@as.arizona.edu>
>Subject: Global conquest
>
>Kevin, sure I agree that the ICPS services the world and is probably
the
>most global society. But it is also strongly biased towards the US (and
>could narrow that further and say California!). Steve noted that the
>nomination process will be more international in the future, so it
seems
>this first-time process is being used as a seed to start things moving.
>I don't mean to offend other societies when I say the ICPS is probably
the
>most global society. When I first wrote this note, I used the word
>``international'' but I realized that some of the Euro-groups clearly
>are more international than the ICPS.
>
>Barry

As Steve said WHERE THE *%$@!*??! WHERE THE REST OF YOU THEN!
When I was nominated it wasn't at my home group P.N.W.C.P.C.
but at the South East meeting in Atlanta. I got the nomination
because I opened my mouth at the wrong time. I accepted the
nomination because it looked like no one else cared enough
about the I.C.P.S. to serve a club that means a lot to me.
I saw Steve get the nomination in the same way. He DID NOT
ASK FOR IT IT WAS THRUST APON HIM. I can not speak for him
but my guess is that he accepted for the same reasion i did.

>While we could all complain about unfairness and lack of orgainization
>with these elections there does seem to be alot of territory missing in
>the discriptions of folk.

You are all damn lucky any one serving this organization is still
here. You can not expect this organization to be here tomorrow if
you will not support it today.

>Don't stand there and whine, act!

>Date: Fri, 25 Nov 1994 19:59:16 -0800
>From: SteveB4706@aol.com
>
>And now that someone is tring to get an election done all that can be
>said is I need more to make a descision or I not sure I trust him.
There
>in the BLANK BLANK Have all of you been for 23 YEARS.

Kevin Snively

---
Sent via WorldLink on 11/28/94 at 06:26:20.
      Everett, WA
      Out of the Great Northwest!