Re: CP WWW page update: and call for GIFs!

Pekka Ala-Siuru (pal@tko.vtt.fi)
Mon, 5 Dec 1994 08:54:22 +0200 (EET)

On Sun, 4 Dec 1994, Wim Osterholt wrote:

> Pekka,
>
> > Date: Fri, 2 Dec 1994 00:32:45 -0800
> > From: Pekka Ala-Siuru <pal@tko.vtt.fi>
> > Subject: Re: CP WWW page update: and call for GIFs!
> >
> > Great! we are going to have a good www node ..
> >
> > btw the gifs can be loaded from http.hpl.hp.com/botany/public_html/cp/gifs/
> > as separete gifs for external viewer .
>
> This didn't work, but I'm no WWW expert.

Wim, thanks for correction, there is a writing error in the path:
IT should be: http://www.hpl.hp.com ...... and so on

..Pekka

> People should try:
>
> lynx http://www.hpl.hp.com/botany/public_html/cp/gifs
>
> and then you'll get contact.
>

> Rick,
> lynx is indeed not a graphical browser, but it promises to be able to fetch
> files somehow. So, when people succeed in getting into the directory as
> mentioned above, they only have to move the highlighted bar on a file and
> press 'd'. Then miracles should start happening. :-)
>
> Regards, Wim.
>

> ----- wim@djo.wtm.tudelft.nl -----
> (wim@morgana.gds.nl)

Pekka Ala-Siuru
Senior Analyst, Embedded Knowledge-Based Systems
VTT Electronics, P.O.Box 1100, FIN-90571, Oulu,Finland
Tel. +358 81 551 2461, Telefax +358 81 551 2320