Re: powdered egg whites

thacker@freenet.edmonton.ab.ca
Thu, 22 Dec 1994 01:45:49 -0700 (MST)

On Wed, 21 Dec 1994, Steve Clancy wrote:

> A while ago, there was a discussion of using powdered egg whites as CP food.
> I have looked high and low at health food stores, and regular stores and
> have not been able to locate any. Is the powder called something else
> besides egg whites? Where have people found this?

You may well find it called egg albumen. Albumen is the white part, the
yolk is the yellow. Why not just try cooking up
some egg whites? (I missed the original discussion, maybe cooked egg
whites are a problem?)

> When I asked the clerk at one store about it, I got a strange look. And
> when I explained exactly why I wanted it...I got an even stranger one!

No doubt. You should have maybe had some fun with this fellow and
casually asked if he knew whether the humane society charged for pets or
not. :-)

Don