Re: powdered egg whites

thacker@freenet.edmonton.ab.ca
Sat, 24 Dec 1994 01:07:00 -0700 (MST)

On Fri, 23 Dec 1994, Philip F. Wight wrote:

> CLARK - an eavstrough is a gutter in your lingo. But even I never heard
> of a "butt-something" - where'd you come up with that one?

Hmmm, we all speak English but no-one speaks the same language....to me a
gutter is a shallow depression along the side of the road to carry away
storm water...not as deep as a ditch, the gutter carries water a short
way to drain into a sewer manhole.

My "eavestrough" runs along the edge of my roof to carry water or
snowmelt either down into the tile drain or out onto a specific part of
my lawn (as opposed to dripping all over the place (and forming huge,
dangerous icicles in winter)). I use water from the eavestrough for
watering whenever I can...I usually ignore the first bit of runoff
because that contains all the dirt and crap that has settled on the roof,
but later during a rainstorm the runoff is quite clean. (Right now
though I'm using melted snow from the backyard).

Don