Re: Internet marketing

Andreas Wistuba (a.wistuba@carnivor.rhein-neckar.de)
10 Jan 1995 02:01:00 +0200

Dear Michael,

you wrote:

> I have got a slightly different opinion about
> this: IMO if tiny tissue cultured plants are
> sold for prices over say over $100 I strongly
> believe something is wrong.

I cannot believe that somebody ever forced you to buy a plant you regarded
as too small or too expensive.
As Joachim already mentioned before, tissue culture gear is very very
expensive. You cannot buy it in the shop around the corner and you can
hardly build it yourself. I would write my testament before running a
hommade autoclave and I would not expose a important stock culture to the
atmosphere of a hommade laminar flow hood.
In Germany a laminar flow hood for example sells at prices which are in
the dimension of a small unused car. I could not afford doing the whole
tissue cultutre stuff without selling a plant. Further these "tiny tissue
cultured plants" often took years of screening to find a way to propagate
them at all. What about the cost for light, heating, media and so one?

> Right, and from my experience these "great"
> people are most of the time enthusiastic
> hobbyists who *do not rob* their friends.

Whom are you fighting against?
Why?
Do you think offending people by insulting them helps to underline your
arguments?
I do not.

All the best

Andreas

Andreas Wistuba
Mudauer Ring 227; 68259 Mannheim; Germany
Tel.: +49 621 705471 Fax: +49 621 711307
e-mail: a.wistuba@carnivor.rhein-neckar.de
a.wistuba@dkfz-heidelberg.de
## CrossPoint v3.02 ##