WWW access

Peter Cole (carnivor@bunyip.demon.co.uk)
Wed, 18 Jan 1995 00:28:30 GMT

Rick Walker wrote:

> so, we're hoping to put a snapshot of this thing on CD-ROM for
> home/school use.

Now that does sound good :)

> ... Hmm. maybe I could run a listserv-web gateway here?

> any comments?

And that sounds even better :)

Brian Jones writes:

> Rick:
> Using the listserver would be usefull to those, like myself, who don't
> have a T-1 or PPP access to the net (yet); although I'm not sure how
> to read html formatted stuff.
> -BJ

A browser ( such as Lynx, ) can read .html files locally, so you
can use it offline to read pages you've downloaded. Even if you
haven't a copy, the text is readable ASCII with a few html control
codes dotted about - it just won't be laid out so nicely.

Peter

Peter Cole | carnivor@bunyip.demon.co.uk | enjoying my new terrarium :)
Swansea, WALES | new mailbox, same account |