Re: Cephalotus f.

Clarke Brunt (clarke@brunt.demon.co.uk)
Sat, 21 Jan 1995 21:40:31 +0000

Ronnie Spears writes:
> I would
> also be interested in finding a medium to large cephalotus plant or seeds.
> Can anyone help? Any way I was really excited to find this server.

Don't know about plants - I was lucky enough to be given two tiny
ones some years ago, and they are now quite a bit larger. I think
of them as "poor man's Nepenthes", as they seem quite tough, whereas
I haven't yet made much progress with the real Nepenthes.

Rowland's (UK, address probably on the archive, ask me if not) have
seed of Cephalotus. I had two packets in 1994, maybe 10-20 seeds,
which have resulted in 1 seedling. I don't know if this is the
expected ratio, or the seed was poor, or my conditions were wrong,
but I'm happy to have got 1 (infinitely better than zero!).

--
Clarke Brunt (clarke@brunt.demon.co.uk)