Re: Big bladders & Superthrive

Trisha Coene (tcoene@PEAK.ORG)
Wed, 1 Feb 1995 14:46:42 -0800 (PST)

On Wed, 1 Feb 1995, Tom wrote:

> and showed them the remains of the bugs it caught. Same with Neps.
> They also loved letting the fly traps close on their fingers. I would
> encourage any growers who have the chance to volunteer for this kind
> of thing.
>
> Tom in Florida

Hi Tom (and everyone) I'm not sure if I'm 100 percent correct on this
(perhaps someone could set me straight) but I've read that you should
not intentionally trigger the traps on VFTs (without feeding them)
because they only close so many times during their life for food. If
they're triggered enough times; they could die, from what I understand.
Does anyone else have something to add, because I may have the wrong
information ... Thanks, Trish <tcoene@peak.org>