Re: BEN

Adolf Ceska (aceska@freenet.victoria.bc.ca)
Fri, 3 Feb 1995 12:28:34 -0800 (PST)

> What is BEN (Botanical Electronic Newsletter)?

BEN is an electronic newsletter which deals with botanical topics,
especially those related to the Pacific Northwest of North America
(California to Alaska). I try to include a good deal of general topics that
are of interest to people from outside of that geographical area.

> Is this a listerv group?

I am trying to put it of listserv, but at this moment I manage
the mailing list by myself.

> What kind of botanical discussions transpire there?

BEN is an electronic journal, not a discussion list.
Past issues of BEN are archived on gopher vifa1.freenet.victoria.bc.ca
and you can go through them there. Choose 4/ Environment and then
4/Botany on the gopher menus.

> How do I subscribe?

If you want to subscribe or unsubscribe, write me at
aceska@freenet.victoria.bc.ca
I will put your name on my mailing list and you can see if you
want to stay on. There are about 430 BEN subscribers at this moment.
BEN is also posted on the USENET in bionet.plants.

> Thanks,
> Michael

Thank YOU for the interest in BEN

Adolf