Re: TC media

John Laroche (Sabercat@ix.netcom.com)
Sat, 4 Feb 1995 13:23:17 -0800

You wrote:

>A while back someone posted a message about what TC medium to use for
>different species of CP. I was wondering if someone could post it
again, or
>if they could send it to my email account so as not to clutter up the
>listserver. I would appreciate it.
>
>Christoph
>eheick@acs.bu.edu

I've missed quite a bit of mail recently, but I posted my favorite
medium for vft GERMINATION: 1/2 strength MS Salts, full strength minimal
organics, 100mg/l Casien, 100mg/l inositol, 30000 mg/l sucrose and 7 g/l
agar Ph at 5.9
Replate medium as above but with 0.2 mg/l NAA and 5.0 mg/l 2iP.

This is a good starting point for Pings,Sundews and Pitchers.

If anyone one is interested in a standing liquid medium for the
permenant cultivation of Utrics in vitro, let me know and I'll post it
in the archive.

John