Re: Grow Box Plan Info...(or "I'm a fool"...)

John Laroche (Sabercat@ix.netcom.com)
Tue, 7 Feb 1995 18:19:58 -0800

You wrote:

> I see (since I've been gone) that there must have been more
discussion
> about Grow Box plans...
> Anyway, since some of you are asking me, the company that puts out
the
> Grow Box plans that I sent away for is somewhere here in Atlanta.
> If you wish, and you haven't already done so, please feel free to
> email me offline regarding any more info I can pass along...
> What I do know is that the company H2 (as in H squared) has plans
> build 3 different kinds of grow boxes ranging in interior lights
and
> size. They sell plans to build the three grow boxes, and if you
want
> you can buy the electrical components from them, or hunt around
and
> find the stuff you need locally. The plans I ordered is the same
one
> my friend built (the one that I had my D. capensis in). It hosts
9
> plants and seems to be perfect for growing indoors. My friend
built
> his in one day, and it cost him around $250., and should last a
> lifetime. The bulbs, etc., are guaranteed for life (I always
question
> things like that)... I have seen indoor growing lights and boxes
> before, and in my opinion, the ONLY thing that may be better is a
> 1,000 Super Metal Halide. I simply don't have the space for that,
> although I would love to have one.
>
> The address for the Grow Box plans is:
>
> H2 (as in H squared) Enterprises
> P.O. Box 723593
> Atlanta, Ga 31139-0593
>
> Send them a check for $20 and tell them what size grow box plans
you
> want; they sell plans for a 3-light 9,000 lumen grow box, a
4-light
> 12,000 lumen, and the one I personally was amazed with, the
8-light
> 25000 lumen grow box.
>
> The last time I was getting mail from the CP list regularly, there
was
> a big fight over people using the internet to sell stuff. Well,
I'm
> not trying to do that - I'm only sharing knowledge that I feel
will
> benefit CP growers, period.
>
> Jim Houston
> -atlanta-

I was so upset when I heard about Marcel, I looked at grow box and saw
glove box. My apologies...
However, the fern curator at the New York Botanical Garden has the most
amazing air-conditioned grow box I've ever seen. Prehaps you could place
a call there and get the design plans from them.
John