Re: Re: Nepenthes issues

dave evans (T442119@RUTADMIN.RUTGERS.EDU)
Tue, 14 Feb 95 22:33 EST

> From: Bob Beer <bbeer@U.WASHINGTON.EDU>
>
> N. rafflesiana needs really warm sweaty conditions to pitcher well. At
> the U.W. greenhouse, most of the Nepenthes species are grown in the open
> but N. rafflesiana consistently refuses to pitcher if it is not in the
> hot mist tent.

I just moved all my Nep.'s into a 55 gallon terrarium. They are near
completely enclosed to hold in the humidty and are given a "bath" in
cool mist 2-3 times a day. The temp. inside ranges between 65 to 75 F.
The N. rafflesiana doesn't have any pitchers on it now (it did but all
of died before it was moved the tank), but new leaf unfurling now looks
quite robust and does look like it will pitcher. I will let you know.

Dave Evans